And you know what that means…
…time to cut the grass!! 😀
I recently took on a new position: Chef-In-Residence at Elawa Farm in Lake Forest, IL. I’m excited to be able to cook and bake using vegetables grown right on the premises. For now we’ve got some super peppery micro-greens that will kick the socks off your tastebuds!
I don’t know about you but when the hot weather hits, I tend to not use my oven as much. This is that quirky time of year here in the midwest when you can get July temps one day and then a typical cool spring day, which makes this Roasted Cauliflower Mash an ideal side.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MASH
1 head of cauliflower
5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 heaping teaspoon capers
Zest of ½ a lemon
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Cut the cauliflower into small florets, rinse and place in a baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the florets and generously season with salt and black pepper. Toss well.
3) Bake in the oven until the edges have turned brown, approximately 40 minutes, stirring once halfway.
4) Using a fork, lightly mash the roasted cauliflower.
5) Roughly chop the parsley, capers and lemon zest. Add this and a generous drizzle of olive oil to the cauliflower and toss.
6) Taste for salt. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
As always, free from gluten, dairy, egg, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and corn!